1) How long do you play chess and what could you tell about yourself shortly as a chessplayer?
I came to Riga chess school in 2004 , when I was 9 years old. I play chess about 12 years. I always wanted to be a solid player and I always respect my opponent, no matter how we finished our game. I am Fide Master and I know that I can improve my rating and title and I will do it.
2) How do you see yourself in 5 years?
Now I am studying in University, so I don`t have much time for chess, how I want it. I hope in 5 years at least I will be International Master in chess.
3) Do you have a player who has always been your favorite and/or has inspired you?
When I was 11-12 years old, Karjakin and Carlsen wasn`t in elite, but all chess world talked about them that they are super young talents. They both really inspired me, when I just have started to play chess. Fantastic, that after ~10 years they played match for the world champion title!
4) How many hours/minutes per day do you devote for chess on a daily basis? Participation in tournaments doesn't count!
About 3-4 hours per day (as a coach, playing onchess.com, watching some theory)
5) Name your three best and worst characteristics!
Best – restrained, friendly, honest.
Worst – lazy, picky, too much trustful.
6) Former World Champion Bobby Fischer once said that chess is life. What do you think?
It`s true now. For me:
chess = game + work + relationship = life.
7) Could you win Magnus Carlsen in a match with a pawn handicap in every game?
I need extra piece 🙂
8) What future do you see for online chess?
I think in future will be many online tournaments with very solid prize founds. Because nowadays everybody uses the Internet 24/7. It is very actual.
9) What's the last book you have read which is not about chess?
Mathematical statistics course book in university.
10) And finally, what do you expect from the Pro Chess League?
It will be interesting and funny to play in one team with my friends. But, we came here not only for fun! 🙂